Diversifying Your Artistry in the Digital Age
Saturday, January 9th – 11am-3pm – $175
Class Level: Beginner to Advanced
Being a makeup artist in today’s landscape requires artists to be multifaceted. 2020 has challenged us to diversify our artistic tool box and expand past our traditional roles as pro makeup artists. As we step on set, it is our goal to become the makeup story tellers we were born to be. Through communication, connection and conversion: you can acquire new projects, clients and most importantly multi-stream income potential. As working makeup artists in the industry, we are making our way to diversifying our backgrounds to work as our own Directors, Videographers, and Marketers all from the comfort of our own homes and phones! In this 4 hour IN the Studio session, you will learn what it takes to create compelling content, from lighting to on-camera makeup ‘magic tricks’. We will share the three golden rules for making stand out imagery that captures audiences and elevates your personal brand. You’ll be guided through each step of the process from planning, creating and curating content for your media platforms and create the content brands look for. We will give you the tools and techniques to elevate your skills and how to capture it all in moving imagery.
WHO IS IT FOR? This class is for professional Makeup Artists wanting to gain the expertise in producing beauty videos and tutorials. If you have ever looked at a post and thought, “why can’t I do that?” This class is for you! We will demystify it all and give you the crucial hands-on practice you won’t find anywhere else. The makeup industry is hungry for your expertise and untapped knowledge and we will show you how to share it!
You will learn:
– The 3 Golden Rules for producing online content
– Tips and tricks for creating video imagery that gets you noticed
– How to leverage your professional expertise
– Setting up an easy at home studio
– Simple ways to light, record, and edit
– Hands on practice
– In the moment coaching
This is a hands-on class, Registrants will be applying makeup on themselves. Registrants are not permitted to bring a model or guest due to limited capacity at the venue. You must bring your own brush set and their makeup kit.
- This class will follow all Covid guidelines:
- Face coverings are to be worn upon entering and for the entire duration of time within Metropolitan Pavilion.
- Social Distancing must be adhered to at all times.
- The venue will be cleaned every 30 minutes during the event.
- Tickets are non-transferable and non-refundable.